- What should I do if my debit card has been lost or stolen?
Contact your local branch or our Customer Service Center (1-800-555-5455) as quickly as possible to report the loss or theft of your card. Monitor your account statement for unauthorized transactions – charges may be disputed by visiting your branch or calling our Customer Service Center.
- What should I do if my credit card has been lost or stolen?
Report the loss of your card immediately by calling 866-839-3485.
- What overdraft options does First National Bank offer?
Please visit this link to read about our overdraft options: https://www.fnb-online.com/stand-alone-pages/overdraft/overdraftoptions.
- How do I find my routing transit number (RTN) or ABA routing number?
You can find your routing number at the bottom of your checks on the left side.
- How do I report unauthorized transactions?
Please contact your local branch or our Customer Service Center (1-800-555-5455) as quickly as possible during regular business hours to report fraudulent transactions. The Customer Service Center is available to assist you Monday through Friday from 8 AM to 9 PM, on Saturdays from 8 AM to 5 PM, and on Sundays from 9 AM to 5 PM. You can report a lost or stolen ATM or Debit Card 24 hours a day by calling 1-800-555-5455. To report a lost or stolen Credit Card call 1-844-BANK-FNB (1-844-226-5362).
- How do I change my address?
Please contact your local branch or our Customer Service Center (1-800-555-5455).
- How do I order checks?
Please contact your local branch or log in to Online Banking to order your checks from the “Preferences” screen.
- What is the bank’s mailing address?
This depends on what you’re mailing to us.
4140 E. State Street
Hermitage, PA 16148-3487
P.O. Box 6000
Hermitage, PA 16148-0900
P.O. Box 1540
Hermitage, PA 16148-0540
- Can I cash a savings bond at a branch?
EE, I and E bonds can be cashed at any F.N.B. branch. Non-customers can cash up to $1,000 per day. There is no limit for current F.N.B. customers.
- Can I buy savings bonds at the branch?
No, savings bonds can no longer be purchased at a financial institution. All new bonds issued must be issued through the Federal Reserve website at www.TreasuryDirect.gov.
- What form of identification do I need to cash a check/savings bond/CD?
In most cases, a valid photo ID (issued by a State or Federal authority) will suffice. However, please check with your local branch for confirmation if you have questions.
- What form of identification do I need to open an account?
You need a valid photo ID (issued by a State or Federal authority) and your Social Security number.
- Do I have to be an F.N.B. customer to cash a check?
No, however a fee may apply for non-customer check cashing. Please refer to our fee schedule.
- Can my branch office exchange dollars for euros?
Euros can be cashed in for U.S. dollars. Certain fees and exchange rates apply.
- Can I take my jar of coins to the branch office to process them?
Most F.N.B. branches do not have coin machines to complete these transactions. Please contact our Call Center (1-800-555-5455) to determine if your branch has this ability.
- What is First National Bank’s Routing Transit Number?