Skip to main content

Protect Your Personal Effects

Could you afford to replace all the belongings in your rental home or apartment? Renters insurance protects you in the event of loss or destruction of your possessions when you rent your dwelling.

Why you need it

A living room with boxes packed up.

Your landlord’s insurance probably covers only the building, not your personal property. A renter’s insurance policy covers your possessions against loss from fire or smoke, theft, vandalism, lightning, explosion, and wind and water damage (excluding floods). If you’re unable to live in your home or apartment because of a covered event, such as a fire, renters insurance pays your additional living expenses. It also covers you if someone is injured in your home or elsewhere by you, a family member, or a pet. And, if you’re taken to court, your policy typically pays legal costs.

You have two choices

You can purchase an actual cash value policy that pays to replace your possessions, minus depreciation, or a replacement cost policy that pays the current actual cost of replacing your belongings.

Notices & Disclosures
Article is adapted from content provided by DTS.

0 items in your cart

Cart Proceed to Checkout

Product video